How many of the following facts did you know?
- Colds are not caused by being wet or cold. They are caused by viruses. The reason why people get more colds in winter is because they are more inclined to spend time together indoors, hence easily transmitting the virus from one person to another.
- The strongest muscle in our body, which can exert the most pressure, is the jaw muscle, or the masseter. The human jaw can close teeth with a force as great as 200 pounds.
- More than half of your bones are located in our hands and feet – The adult human body consists of 206 bones, of which, 106 are located in our hands and feet.
- Hand washing could save more lives worldwide than any vaccine, according to a study by World Health Organization.
- Beard fans? Well, apparently, that beard is making you healthier! It has health benefits, such as preventing allergies, asthma attacks, rashes and protects your skin from the sun.
- The acid in your stomach can dissolve metal.
- Read if you are stressed! Getting lost in a book can lower levels of cortisol, or other unhealthy stress hormones, by 67 percent.